The ethnic population in Canada continues to grow steadily, along with their influence. To get a comprehensive picture of the Canadian market, it’s important to gain a deeper understanding of their opinions, attitudes, and behaviors. Because ethnic Canadians are a heterogeneous population, this can be challenging.
Wide disparities in language use, country-dependent cultural considerations, and different levels of acculturation mean that there is no “one size fits all” approach.
Canadian Immigration Statistics
According to the latest Stats Canada information:
- There are 7.5 million foreign-born residents in Canada.
- Almost 22% of the total Canadian population is composed of immigrants, and this number could reach 30% by 2036.
- 85% of all immigrants live in Ontario, British Columbia, and Quebec.
- Asians make up nearly half (48%) of all immigrants (mainly Chinese, South Asian, and Filipino).
- Since 2010, immigrants have accounted for 67% of the Canadian population
What Does This Mean For You?
Understanding Canadian ethnic population lifestyles and spending habits can fine-tune your marketing and product strategies to more effectively reach this key audience. When conducting market research, it’s crucial to capture a diverse and representative sample of the growing ethnic population in Canada. Your data collection partner should be able to give you detailed information on the representation within their database.
By choosing not to conduct multicultural research, you’re missing out on a growing and influential segment of the market. Keeping in mind that the immigrant population could reach 30% in the near future, this is definitely an audience you should be tapping into.
Decision Point provides comprehensive market research services, encompassing the full range of quantitative and qualitative capabilities in data collection. To discuss your market research needs, contact us today!
You may also like:
- 2018 Study Shows That New Canadians are Giving Back in a Big Way
- Why CATI? 3 Ways Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviewing Can Benefit You
- Welcome to Our New Website!
- Using Online Focus Groups to Push Your Business Forward - July 25, 2022
- How to Use Market Research in New Product Development - May 16, 2022
- Recruiting Indigenous Participants for Market Research - February 23, 2022